A famous Ayurvedic proverb says, “When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need.”
With a significant rise in non-surgical weight loss services that are trending, we bring to you natural ways to maintain or reduce your weight through Ayurveda after a after a non-surgical weight loss treatment.
This 5000-year-old ancient system of medicine emphasizes on viewing body and mind as a whole and keeping it in balance with the surrounding. If you feel your jeans are not fitting you or your shirts are too tight, it’s time to maintain your weight.
If you are opting for non-surgical ways for weight loss, we have covered you with the necessary details of maintaining weight post-treatment.
Ayurveda focuses on changing the lifestyle practices of a man to achieve a healthy mind and body. It indulges meditation, yoga, massages, dietary changes through ayurvedic remedies that include medicinal plants. This science of healing promotes health, balance, and longevity by correlating yourself with nature.
As per Ayurveda, the body, mind, and consciousness need to be in equilibrium. For this, it is important to understand how vata, pitta, and kapha works. They are a combination of five principal energies of the body i.e. Space, Air, Fire, Earth, and Water. If out of balance, they bring negativity to the mind and body.
Vata: This is associated with movement, vata is made up of space and air. This takes care of the heart’s pulse rate, muscle and tissue movement, breathing and all the movements in the cytoplasm and cell membranes.
Pitta: This comprises of fire and water and includes digestion, absorption, nutrition, metabolism and such. Any problem in this would result in anger, irritation, and hatred.
Kapha: It holds the cells together and supplies water to various parts of the body. Along with this, it also moisturizes the skin and maintains immunity.
The reason to maintain them, it is important to eat well and live a balanced lifestyle that defines your characteristics and overall personality. With just a gist about these useful components of Ayurveda, it’s time to understand the food that should be consumed as per Ayurveda.
Also, known as ‘Science of Life’, this form of practice is called the ‘Mother of Healing’ as it enables physical, mental and emotional balance. In this era, where people are straining all their time at work, personal wellness goes for a toss. This attracts diseases that are both harmful as well as expensive.
After you have gone through non-surgical weight loss treatment, it’s important to maintain a lifestyle that helps you to keep your weight in control.
Ayurveda comes with a huge array of natural techniques that aims in bringing your mind and body in sync with nature. It understands the roots of the sickness to provide a safe and effective cure.
1. Start your day by squeezing a lemon in a glass of warm water. This helps in boosting your digestive system and makes you refreshed for the long day. You can also add honey to it.
2. Sweat yourself for at least 30-45 minutes every day. Make it a daily morning regime to walk or run for a few minutes to keep yourself active throughout the day. If you prefer yoga, then wake up before the sun rises and meditate that may help in reducing stress and sharpens your presence of mind.
3. Mother earth provides us with different varieties of vegetables and fruits according to the seasons that keep our bodies nourished. During summers, nature offers water-rich fruits that keep us cool.
Winter provides many varieties including root vegetables, dry fruits that give warmth. In monsoon, green leafy vegetables, sprouts help to flush out the acidic winter diet.
4. Inculcate all 6 tastes viz. sweet, salty, sour, pungent, bitter and astringent in your diet. Excess of sweet, sour and salty can lead to weight gain. A proper balance of these tastes should be necessary for every meal but in proper proportion.
5. Make a habit to go for short walks of about 10-15 minutes after every meal. Just go for a quick walk at a nearby garden or your balcony can improve digestion. Sitting or sleeping after meals can be a reason for weight gain.
6. Obtain 7-8 hours of sleep daily. Make sure that you rise as the sun rises and rest with the sunset. A proper sleep increases health levels. Make sure you withdraw yourself from your monitor or screen display two hours before going to bed. Rejuvenate yourself by sleeping before 10 p.m. and wake up before the sun rises.
1. Pair your food right
Not many of us known about it, but some food combinations can upset your doshas or (elements like vata, pitta, and kapha). This can lead to indigestion, gas formation making you feel upset throughout the day. Fruit after a meal should be avoided as it requires more time for digestion.
Other examples are bananas and milk, yoghurt and fruit, morning breakfast with milk and orange juice.
2. Excessive eating
Ayurveda says that overeating leads to indigestion, intestinal gas and lack of sleep. The age-old tradition suggests that overeating can increase toxins in the body that is difficult to eliminate from the body.
Having a ‘sattvic’ styled meal is advisable since it is light for the body and highly nutritious.
Do remember! Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper to alleviate body weight.
3. Drinking chilled water before or after a meal is a big ‘No’
Many of us, do prefer chilled water while eating food, but it leads to indigestion and hampers the internal temperature wherein the temperature shifts from digestion to regulating the temperature. Just sip a mouth full of water while eating and try to consume water after an hour.
4. Chew your food 32 times!
We all remember when our parents used to ask us to stop watching TV while eating. Ayurveda reveals why? It is important to pay attention to your meal while you chew it. Watching TV while eating doesn’t allow us to concentrate on our food and chew it properly.
So, when your child asks you why? Tell him/her this. Eating slowly allows a better breakdown of fats and enzymes for better digestion.
5. Sit while you eat
The right posture plays an important role in digestion. Sitting and eating means that you are respecting your food. When you sit, you are paying good attention to your food and also chewing it right.
This was about how you can maintain your body shape naturally. Body weight can also increase due to genetics or certain medications that can lead to obesity. If you are finding for a safer option? We have it.
invisa-RED™ facilitates weight loss and body contouring equipment that may help you gain your body curves without surgery. But how? Non-Surgical Weight Loss is possible through visible and infrared laser light energy.
invisa-RED™’s body sculpting machine ‘Elite Series’ helps in weight loss, body contouring, cellulite reduction, stretch mark fading and business system contouring.
1. It releases intra-cellular glycerol and triglycerides from the adipose cell or fat cell present. The chief chemical constituents of adipose cell fat comprise of triglycerides that are esters made up of glycerol and more fatty acids.
2. Triggers the lymphatic system (a network of tissue or organ in help in getting rid of the toxins) to detox the contents not used during metabolism.
3. Removes other impurities for an efficient lymphatic system.
4. The lymphatic system is used as energy through the body’s natural metabolic functions that result in shrinking the cells.
Other than just weight loss, the Elite Series aids in other treatments like skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, muscle relaxing, skin care renewal, cellulite elimination and much more!
invisa-RED™ technology offers techniques for non-surgical weight loss treatment. We provide training and marketing services to our practices to achieve maximum benefits from our technology-driven ideas. Contact us today for a demo!